Wednesday Clutter
Friday Clutter

Thursday Clutter

Hi everyone,

Welcome back.  Happy Thursday to you all.  It's looking pretty gloomy outside right now, and it sounds like we've got some rain coming our way, which makes the Clutter Tree pretty happy.  As for the rest of us, BDH, Little Buddha and I will just sit inside and enjoy our coffee, so please, help yourself to a nice medium DD, and let's clear out a little Thursday Clutter.

The Red Sox remain in free-fall, losing 5-3 to the Texas Rangers last night, for their 13th loss in their last 20 games.  The game was tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 7th with runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs.  Bobby Valentine came out of the dugout, one would have assumed, to take Josh Beckett out, but that wasn't the case.  He was at the mound for 30 seconds, then returned to the dugout, and I doubt there was one person who didn't know what was coming next.  Beckett immediately proceeded to give up the go-ahead run on a wild pitch. 

The whole situation was as disheartening as it was predictable.  What's also hard to process is the fact that Bobby Valentine continues to lift Carl Crawford for defensive purposes in close games because of concerns about Crawford's injured throwing arm.  If we've reached that point A) Why did the Red Sox rush him back, instead of just letting him get his Tommy John surgery, and B) Why not at least make him the DH for now while Big Papi's on the DL?   The Red Sox have today off before starting a three-game series with the New York Yankees.  With the trade deadline next week, this could be the make-or-break series of the year.

Bobby valentine2
What are we doing here? (pic via star-telegram.com)

Mitt Romney's entire stance on veterans issues can be summed up like this:  He'd do things differently than President Obama, but he won't say how.  No reason this should be different than any other set of issues.  So the guy consistently won't give any details before the election because either A) He knows the voters will object to his plan, or B) He doesn't have any plans, and he also continues to refuse to be forthcoming about his financial records.  We've gotten to the point where his strongest asset is his hair.

Oh, I almost forgot, he's also still repeatedly just making things up, this time talking about how the Aurora shooter allegedly broke local gun control laws, so there's really no point in passing new laws.  The problem being, that's not true, thanks to the NRA's fighting to weaken the former gun control laws in Colorado.  Again, why would someone vote for Mitt for any other reason than they'd vote for anyone besides President Obama?

Meanwhile, it's nice to hear President Obama speaking out against gun violence, but it would be even better if he showed any inclination to put his words into action.  For all of the NRA's scare-tactics, the fact remains that this president has done little, if anything, about gun control for three years.

Okay, I feel my grouchiness building here, and BDH and Little Buddha are telling me I need to shake things up, so here's something more positive.  Check out this Adidas commercial featuring David Beckham surprising some fans.  I'm not a soccer fan, but I can appreciate how awesome this was for these folks, and if the little kid's reaction doesn't get to you, than you're truly dead inside.

 

Yeah, that's better.  Now, where were we?

The US Senate passed a bill, on a near-party line vote, that would extend the Bush Tax Cuts for all but the top 2% of the country.  Now it's the Republican-controlled House's chance to show that they don't care about 98% of the United States.

Senator Al Franken (D-Minnesota) eulogized his late SNL writing partner Tom Davis on the Senate floor last night.

Has Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard become more irritating than LeBron James at this point?  Whatever team lands him next should include language in his contract that says he'll be immediately banned from the NBA if he ever talks about where he wants to play again.

Good news at Comedy Central as both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert signed new two-year contract extensions to remain with the network.

Oh, it gets even better--the new Doctor Who specials start next week on BBC America!  (Insert geeky dance of happiness here.)  It feels like it's been 5 years since last season ended.  I need my fix!

DW-The-Destinations-of-Doctor-Who-570x320
Let the fun begin! (pic via screenrant.com)

Okay kids, that's going to do it for now.  This song seems to be playing every time I go to the gym (which might have something to do with me going to the gym at the same time every day).  It doesn't inspire a guy to add another 300 lbs to his bench press, but it is a catchy way to kill a few minutes on the elliptical machine.  Here's Death Cab for Cutie with today's, "Song of the Day."

 

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.  It was great to see you, as always.  Enjoy the rest of your day, and try to stay dry.  Like we said before, the Sox have the day off, so let us know if you want to come over and watch a movie or something.  As you know, BDH and Little Buddha are always ready for another game of checkers.  Until next time, that's today's Clutter, and we are outta here.

 

If you enjoy Clearing out the Clutter, please consider a $5 monthly donation!  You can click here or on the "Donations" category on the right-hand side of the page.

Comments